Discovering humanity enables to see how our culture, education and experiences influence the way we think about issues. It encourages to understand that there are different views of what is ‘normal’. It participate in developing our international mindfulness.
For the development of an international mindfulness
- To compare in an impartial way various concepts about families such as similarities, differences, use of resources…;
- To provide a better awareness and overview of problem situations for families in all parts of the world, such as: poverty, child labor, health, environment, changing roles of family members, food security…
- To identify the concrete actions to be undertaken for more harmonious family relationships, to accentuate parental responsibility in education for peace and for a more optimistic destiny for this microcosm of society; families of the world.
- To develop in each student the appreciation of the cultural heritage received by its own family and the opening to other realities by discovering the families of the world.
- To integrate information about families around the world, incorporating global educational principles, to facilitate the development of citizens committed to the promotion of peace;
- To encourage the development of interdependence, tolerance, cooperation, understanding and critical reflection first through discovery of one’s own family, followed by a foray into families around the world;
Activities for 12-15 year-olds
- Life’s Hardships and Pleasure
- Everyday Life
- Family size
- Food, Water and Shelter
- Daily Noise
- Cultural Awareness
- A Balanced Meal
- Sharing Water: A Valuable Resource – Part 1
- Water: A Valuable Resource – Part 2
- Will you Drink My Water?
- Lifestyles: What is it like to live in __ ?
- Religions of the World
- Visual impressions
- Advantages of Living in a Developing Country
- Economic Status: How It Affects The Way We Live
- A Step Further
- The Environment
- Leisure Time
- Our Global Community
- Change in the Family Situation
- Global Similarities
- Visual Forms of Expression
- Family Roles and Family Structure
- Developing a Global Awareness Project
- Cultural Values and Attitudes
- Global Statistics
- Cultural Lifestyles
- Living Condition
- Influence of the Media: Who is Right
- Hygiene Education
- The Highs and Lows of Daily Life
- What Will the Future Bring?
- Development Issues
- Foreign Aid: Government Funding
You are here and we thank you for you attention! Teachers and young students who discover the world want access to our content on Humanity’s daily life. Today we have that information for more then 140 families in 111 countries. Furthermore, we want to bring you a continuous update on the evolution of daily life in each of these countries.
The technological challenge and the time required to carry out our objectives demands the help of technicians, of researchers and editors. Any contribution will be appreciated and will ensure that our book / website presents Humanity from generation to generation.
Participate in building an international mindfulness in peaceful citizens of planet earth.